VALORANT PATCH NOTES 5.06
Since the launch of Pearl in the summer, the map team has put in work based on months-worth of feedback to make the first major update to the underwater map. There are some good bones here. It just needed a quick fixer upper.
The Stinger is also dropping from the rafters with some new facepaint, in the form of primary and alt-fire changes.
- Primary Fire error adjusted from 1.6 error after 7 bullets >>> 1.3 error after 6 bullets
- Our goal for the Stinger is to feel controllable and appropriately lethal at short ranges, but currently, even in close-quarters, it can feel out-of-control. Lowering the top spread should make it feel more reliable at the appropriate range once you’ve overcome the learning curve of the recoil.
- Alt Fire first shot error adjusted from .5 >>> .35
- For an option that's about being more accurate, it felt like the first shot had more variance than we'd like, especially at the ranges you'd want to use the burst fire mode.
The new Pearl card has changed. Eight different positions have been changed. You should read about them in detail in our separate article patch 5.06 Pearl Map Changes In VALORANT - Before and After Comparison!
- Disruptive Gameplay-based Behavior Indicator
- We've introduced a feature that will show at the end of game screen, which players have been detected for engaging in disruptive gameplay-based behavior.
- This has been added to the following game modes: Unrated, Competitive, Spike Rush, and Replication, with more game modes to follow in the near future.
- Fixed issue with KAY/O’s Zero/point sometimes incorrectly displaying enemies that were hit on KAY/O’s UI
- Fixed a bug where Clutch Mutes would persist after the match ended
- Fixed a bug that prevented you from being able to respond to a whisper by clicking on the Riot ID of the player who sent the whisper in Chat
- Fixed a bug that caused the Social Panel to close when right-clicking into the Friend Note text field
- Fixed a bug where pending invites would not disappear after all friends have left the Party
- Fixed a bug where the incorrect system message was sent when accepting a friend request via the Match Tab in-game