VALORANT PBE Patch 5.10 - Finally Some Cypher Buffs!
Riot Games' resident Community Manager for VALORANT, Jo-Ellen posted on the Valorant PBE subreddit about the latest changes with Patch 5.10 that are being tested out in VALORANT PBE.
These are some long-awaited buffs and nerfs that we are finally getting in Valorant. As well as Cypher buffs and UI changes. So without further ado, let’s get into the details of the patch notes!
UI Changes - One Click Access Is Back!
VALORANT recently got a UI overhaul that changed the way players viewed and interacted with the game. This meant a new home page, new animations, and new everything. This was good for the most part, however, there was one thing that was misliked by many players.
This was the fact that you now could not access a lot of the menu locations directly from the Main Menu. The developers had removed some buttons to make the UI look better but unfortunately, that came with the cost of functionality.
Patch 5.10 brings back One Click Access to most menu locations. “Not sure what icon is what? Give them a hover - we’ve added tool tips to help you familiarize yourself.” This change isn’t a final one and will be readjusted depending on the players’ feedback.
Major Cypher Buffs
Cypher has needed some buffs for a long time. His abilities are too predictable and in general, he is a very situational Agent. VALORANT devs have been teasing Cypher buffs for a long time, and now we finally get to see them in action!
- Maximum Trapwire length increased from 1000 >>> 1500.
- Neural Theft (Ultimate)
- Neural Theft now reveals enemies two times. There is a four second delay between the reveals.
- The time restriction to cast on enemy corpses has been removed.
- Maximum cast distance increased from 1200 >>> 1800.
- Quality of Life
- Updated the yellow silhouette used for Cypher’s reveal on Spycam and Neural Theft.
- Yellow silhouette now disappears if the revealed enemy becomes visible to you to help reduce confusion of seeing two representations of the enemy in different places.
- Yellow silhouette now starts dimmer and fades faster to make it more distinguishable from an actual enemy.
- Cypher’s placed utility is no longer destroyed by allies’ AOE damage.
“We hope to open new Trapwire setups and mix up known play patterns.”
Fade Prowler Nerfs
Fade’s prowler is a really powerful and difficult-to-counter ability that makes initiating with Fade really OP. This patch will bring some nerfs to her prowler to make it more balanced and allow for counterplay. Her ultimate is also getting a price increase, “we've found the baseline value of the Ultimate to be on the higher end compared to other ultimates in the game.”
- Duration reduced from 3 >>> 2.5 seconds. (Time the prowler is alive without a trail).
- Delay on bite after reaching target increased .4 >>> .6 seconds.
- Hitbox improvements.
- Nearsight duration on hit reduced 3.5 >>> 2.75 seconds.
- Prowlers now fizzle out and no longer debuff instead of debuffing its target if they teleported away before it finished its animation.
- Nightfall (Ultimate)
- Cost increased 7 >>> 8.
There are also some bug fixes and quality of life changes with this patch. But overall, these are the most important changes that are expected to come to VALORANT with Patch 5.10!