Best Gekko Flash Lineups On Pearl
As any seasoned Valorant player will attest, the tactical depth and versatility offered by the game's various agents can dramatically shift the tide of any match. Among these agents, Gekko, with his unique Flash ability, has emerged as a favorite for many. His dynamic playstyle, combined with the right lineups, can effectively dominate the game's strategic landscape. But, the million-credit question is - what are the best Gekko Flash lineups on Pearl to maximize your success rate?
In this comprehensive guide, we delve into the most effective and game-changing Gekko Flash lineups that the professional scene has seen in 2023. From the utility-centric to those designed purely for executes, these lineups promise to give you the edge, whether you're grinding the ladder or duking it out in high-stakes tournaments.
We will dissect each lineup in terms of its positioning, utility, timing, and its compatibility with other agents' abilities. Additionally, we will provide you with pro tips on how to best utilize Gekko's Flash and the agent in varying in-game situations and map locations, so you can outmaneuver your opponents every step of the way.
Gekko Flash Lineups
Gekko’s Flash is unique as opposed to other abilities of a similar kind in the game. Other flash abilities are instant and they miss one key advantage of Gekko’s flash which is giving away information. These lineups will be spots where your flash will spot as many enemies as possible giving you maximum benefit for a specific play. Here are our best collected flash through spots:
What Does It Cover: First flash on A site will enable you to surprise any enemy coming out of A main or even playing in A site. Anyone on Default, Church, A main or Art will take a hit which essentially means most of site.
When To Use It: Best used in retake scenarios or simply as a defensive mechanism to anyone trying to push out to A site.
What Makes It Special: This window creates a unique angle that not everyone will expect, giving you the upper edge any time you run this flash to get picks.
A Restaurant (Lobby)
What Does It Cover: This flash on Art towards A will give you free information on the entirety of Restaurant, also known as A main or A lobby.
When To Use It: Best used when enemies are playing slow or when you want to assist your teammate to push A site and take control and earn free kills.
What Makes It Special: This flash will bounce against the wall and fall down to you again, which essentially means you get information and potentially kills for free.
What Does It Cover: This flash towards Mid will blind anyone who is up in mid link, connector, or waters. It is efficient as the only way to dodge the flash is to give away space obtained by the attackers.
When To Use It: If you are defending and you know enemies crawled up all the way from Mid link and possibly to Connector, this flash must be your go to as it will give you free kills and information.
What Makes It Special: The flash comes from a very unexpected and surprising high ground which assures you the upper edge in getting into the fight.
What Does It Cover: The second flash on mid will be from very high ground and it will blind anyone peeking from Link, art or even wandering through middle.
When To Use It: Whenever you are taking control of mid through B link, make sure to jump and throw this flash to secure peeking mid for your teammates.
What Makes It Special: This is one of the few flashes that covers multiple spots conveniently without sacrificing being risky or anything of that sort.
What Does It Cover: The next flash on B site from over B link will hit anyone playing back halls, default, pocket, screens, or potentially close on B long.
When To Use It: Best used on retake scenarios as this flash will venture through site to reveal positions and assist you to explode out to site.
What Makes It Special: This flash will be very hard to destroy as it comes from a high ground and it will reveal positions that are crucial in a retake.
- Keep in mind that Gekko’s Flash works quite differently. The main advantage of your flash is the ability to gain information; you can do that by looking where the flash lining went so you can determine enemy locations.
- Players can still dodge the flash by taking cover or running out of its radius. This makes it tricky but luckily, it is really hard to dodge a Gekko flash and if it is to be dodged you will at least hear the enemies repositioning.
- The Gekko flash makes a sound when it detects someone before shooting the flash, sometimes, enemies can run out of its radius but the flash would have still made a detection noise. Pay attention to that in order to know if the area is clear or not.
- Always remember to ask for accompanying utility from your teammates as it can be a tremendous help for your own set of plays with Gekko. Especially in post-plant scenarios.
- You can always reuse your flash by trying to pick it up again. This can be an important and game-changing habit so make sure you always pick your utility when it is safe to do so.
- Never use your flash if you do not plan to capitalize on it. Each flash lineup/spot given in this guide is provided with clear instructions and when/where it is best to be used, following that you will ensure your utility usage is always top-notch.
- Aside from teammate utility, you can always use your own abilities to assist your flash after clearing position. For instance, you can always pair the flash with a molly to punish an enemy hiding in a certain corner or to further clear it if the flash does not get there.