How to Unlock Agents in Valorant
VALORANT is an exciting game full of different agents (characters) who bring their unique playstyles and skills to the table. Players start with 10 characters unlocked by default, VALORANT agents will be unlocked as they play until they have access to all available characters.
It can be difficult to choose in which order to select your agents. After all, there are many factors to consider, which role suits your playstyle, and which agents add more value to your roles, and to most compositions in general.
How To Unlock Agents in Valorant
When you first start playing, five agents will be available to you: Brimstone, Jett, Phoenix, Sage, and Sova.
You can unlock more characters by leveling up and completing agency contracts. Once you reach tiers 5 and 10 of the initial progression system, you will unlock your first two agents. After that, you will need to complete specific agency contracts to unlock new characters.
Alternatively, you can also pay to access the agent without having to deal with the progress and unlocking system. Each agent requires 1000 VALORANT points, which can be purchased for cash in the VALORANT client. Here's a step-by-step guide on how to unlock any agent in Valorant:
- Launch Valorant and click on the "Agents" section next to the "Play" icon;
- Choose any agent of your choice to unlock and click the Activate button to start the contract;
- Complete the contract with this agent in the game, you can choose any game mode to do this
- Once you get enough XP to open level 5, you will have another agent of choice;
- Continue this process to unlock all agents, it will take about 15-30 hours to unlock an agent depending on how many XP points you earn per game.
- Purchase 1000 Valorant Points using in-game payment methods;
- Click on the Agents section and select the Agent you want to unlock;
- Instead of activating the contract, click the buy icon to buy the selected agent;
- Agents will now be unlocked for in-game use;
- Please note that each Valorant Agent requires 1000 Valorant Points to purchase;
- New agents will be released into the game with the release of the new Act. Riot Games should continue this approach to releasing new agents.
How Long Does it Take To Unlock an Agent in Valorant?
The actual length of time to unlock an agent in Valorant depends on you, how much time you play, and how many missions and challenges you complete in each match. You'll need 375,000 XP to get Lockdown Agents from level 1 to 5, where you can unlock them. This takes some time, but developing a game strategy (such as focusing on daily challenges) can increase XP and help minimize that time.
How To Unlock an Agent Quickly
Everything is very simple! You need to play Spike Rush mode. This mode is the quickest and gives you the maximum experience. I hope this guide was useful to you and helped you understand the methods of unlocking Valorant agents.