Best Brimstone Ultimate Spots On Ascent
Ready to amp up your game with some killer Brimstone plays? You’re in the right place. Brimstone, our trusty battlefield commander, has an ultimate that can really shake things up. We're talking about his Orbital Strike – that beast of an ability that can clear out enemies in a flash. But, as you know, it's all about where and when you use it.
In this guide, we're diving into the coolest spots to drop Brimstone's ultimate on the map Ascent. Whether you're defending a spike site or cutting off enemy paths, knowing these spots can totally change the game for you and your team. Let’s get you up to speed with some game-winning tips and spots that'll make your opponents think twice before taking you on!
Brimstone Ultimate Spots
Brim’s ultimate is deemed to be one of the most useful abilities in the game, especially as it helps your team get cleaner executes, stronger postplants, and better control overall. Not only are we going to give you the best spots to launch your ultimate on, but we will give you clear instructions as to how you should use it and when. Let’s get right into it:
A Default / Execute
What Does It Cover: This ultimate on A site will hit anyone playing Generator, dice, and the default planting spot.
When To Use It: Best used during hard A site executes, as this will clear so many corners for you to enter at ease.
What Makes It Special: This is a special ultimate solely because you can use it for both site execution and post plant, without needing to adjust the position harshly.
What Does It Cover: Over to the defensive side, this ultimate on A will hit enemies by surprise as it covers A lobby and leaves room to escape only on A main.
When To Use It: Best used when you hear a lot of steps on A lobby, by using this ultimate you will force enemies to advance to A main where you can catch them off guard.
What Makes It Special: This ultimate is especially useful because it almost guarantees you 1-2 free kills if executed properly.
What Does It Cover: Over to B site, this ultimate will hit anyone playing boat house which is commonly played by sentinels passively on site.
When To Use It: Best used during fast site executes, although this will not clear anything for your entry it will clear the sentinels playing in the back.
What Makes It Special: This is especially useful because if someone was playing boat house, this is practically an easy kill for you.
What Does It Cover: This ultimate as you defend B site will hit everyone playing towards market, mid.
When To Use It: Best used when you suspect enemies of hard pushing through mid, whether it be a split attack or just a one direction execute.
What Makes It Special: Market is pretty narrow, executing this ult in the correct time will inevitably get enemies killed or give you control back.
- If you’re playing Brimstone, make sure you are safe when you are activating it. Enemies can catch you off guard and you don’t want to be killed while holding up your iPad.
- It’s important to remember, your ultimate will not immediately kill everyone as it deals damage progressively. This means, there are possible scenarios where enemies can survive through your ultimate for a few seconds.
- Make sure to delay the usage of your ultimate as much as possible to ensure enemies stay within their field for a longer period of time. For example, if you’re ulting to deny a plant, don’t do it instantly, rather wait 1-2 seconds and then do it, this makes it harder for them to dodge it.
- Another cool and unexpected trick you could do with your ultimate is walking through it to take an unexpected position. Your ability will deal a lot less damage to you and your teammates, and you can use that to surprise enemies and make a crazy play.
- As it is with your smokes, you have a limited range where you can use your ultimate from. So keep in mind if you want to use it somewhere, you have to be present and not anchoring the opposite site.
- As a brim, it is very important that you take ultimate orbs when you can to speed up the process of getting your ultimate. As little as it seems, it can be the difference between you winning multiple rounds for your team or just having to get your ultimate once and that’s it.
- While it’s important to find the right timing for your utility, don’t hesitate to use your ultimate in creative ways even if it might not be the most perfect. You will not get your ult as fast as if you’d use it whenever you have it, so don’t save it for too long.
- Take extra caution when using your ultimate, you don’t want to leave a small corner where enemies hide and catch you and your team off guard. If you do manage to do that, be aware of it and call it for your teammates.
- Ulting to execute or play post-plant is very common, however, don’t forget to get creative, you can use it to confirm a kill on a Sage or KAYO resurrect, and it can only expand from there.
- Just because your ultimate didn’t kill anyone doesn’t mean it wasn’t a good ult, sometimes you deal a lot of damage that can be useful and the reason for you to win a round.