Best Iso Lineups Ascent
Valorant, for those who might be new to it, is much more than a typical first-person shooter. It's a game where strategy, map knowledge, and positioning play as crucial a role as your aiming skills. One key aspect of this strategic depth is the use of ISO Undercut - locations on the map where you can assist your team take space and get easy kills through the usage of utility combos or just simply blasting out dealing tons of damage with little hits.
In this introduction, we're going to highlight some of the most advantageous ISO Under cut ability spots across Valorant's diverse and intricate maps.
But it's not just about knowing these spots; it's about understanding how to utilize them effectively. We will delve into the nuances of positioning and the importance of timing. Starting on Ascent, this guide will be a great resource whether you are a newcomer or an experienced player, so hold on tight as we break it down for you.
Best ISO Undercut Ability Spots
Using your Undercut ability properly is more than just pressing a key, it could be the reason for a round’s outcome. With ISO’s Undercut, you can easily crack enemy defense and attacking lines because what your ability does is add a vulnerability effect on enemies which helps you kill them with only a bit of damage dealt, here are the best spots you can use your ability in:
What Does It Cover: This undercut spot will get you going on A main, as you can throw it right as the buy phase barriers drop and rush into A main quickly to take control of that area.
When To Use It: Best used during hard executes, as this spot will comfortably hit anyone trying to peek you early on the round no matter where they stand.
What Makes It Special: This is a special spot because it leaves no room for enemies to counter it, anyone playing there will simply be hit and that’s all there is to it. Easy frags if you dash through.
What Does It Cover: This spot from dice on A site, is the perfect way to ensure any attacking execute will be demolished towards A site.
When To Use It: Best used during defensive scenarios where attackers go for a fast execute towards A, simply play in dice and as soon as enemies come out of A main throw your undercut and peek to punish anyone walking out on site.
What Makes It Special: You are almost always guaranteed a kill with this setup, and if not, you will assist your teammate on site to ensure that nobody survives through this play.
What Does It Cover: Over to B site, this spot will be the perfect replacement or addition to an Omen flash. Best part about Iso’s ability is how fast it travels, which means with this play enemies can never escape being hit on B main.
When To Use It: When you’re attacking B site it’s best to use this ability right as the buy phase barriers drop, to ensure that no enemy can escape your grasp.
What Makes It Special: This is especially useful because enemies have no counter play but to set back or delay their play essentially giving you control and possibly free frags if they challenge you.
What Does It Cover: Lastly on B site, this is a lineup to attack early on the round. Covering everyone in B main and a large portion of B lobby, even far enough until the hut where a lot of lurkers stay.
When To Use It: Best used during eco rounds or when you’ve made up your mind to push up B main to take control/duels early on the round. This will help you advance a lot easier.
What Makes It Special: Even if you don’t plan on pushing, you can use this undercut lineup and spam through the B main walls which is essentially a free kill generator if you may give it a try.
- When using your ultimate, make sure you’re in a safe space as it’s very easy for enemies to walk up and kill you. Think of it as a Phoenix ult, you don’t want to be in an exposed position, otherwise, you will get instantly traded if you win your duel.
- It’s important to remember that the ultimate will reset both of you and the enemy to equal terms regardless of your conditions mid-round, for example, if your enemy is 1 HP and you ult them in, you both will start at full shield full HP so pay attention to that.
- Remember that all abilities are disabled by default once you enter your ultimate, this includes abilities that are previously casted; which means if you used any utility on an enemy it won’t carry on during your ultimate.
- As an ISO, it’s really important to combo your abilities and make sure you use them together. With the set kit you have, you are able to create unique opportunities for yourself as a duelist and that’s what makes a difference.
- Adding to utility combos, don’t hesitate to ask your teammates for help or set them up using your abilities as your vulnerability can be the “initiating” role for so many different plays.
- One of the best ways to use your ultimate is to counter certain agent ultimates, such as Viper ultimate. If you are playing retake and a Viper is ulted on site, you can use your ultimate hoping to capture that Viper and put down their ult.
- Remember that ISO is not an entry agent, you have no abilities to dash or take fast control which makes it rather difficult to run it as a solo duelist. For that reason, you should always prioritize picking ISO in the spot of reyna, as its more efficient and effective.
- Your ISO shield does not stack up on top of each other, rather it resets the timer of the shield before it wears down, so while it's not a priority to hit the reset there is no harm to do it if you have the chance to.
- Finally, don’t forget to watch pro plays with ISO as that will speed up your progress playing that agent.