Best Gekko Molly Lineups On Sunset
As any seasoned Valorant player will attest, the tactical depth and versatility offered by the game's various agents can dramatically shift the tide of any match. Among these agents, Gekko, with his unique Molly ability, has emerged as a favorite for many. His dynamic playstyle, combined with the right lineups, can effectively dominate the game's strategic landscape. But, the million-credit question is - what are the best Gekko Molly lineups on Sunset to maximize your success rate?
In this comprehensive guide, we delve into the most effective and game-changing Gekko Molly lineups that the professional scene has seen in 2023. From the utility-centric to those designed purely for damage, these lineups promise to give you the edge, whether you're grinding the ladder or duking it out in high-stakes tournaments.
We will dissect each lineup in terms of its positioning, utility, timing, and its compatibility with other agents' abilities. Additionally, we will provide you with pro tips on how to best utilize Gekko's Molly and the agent in varying in-game situations and map locations, so you can outmaneuver your opponents every step of the way.
Gekko Molly Lineups
Gekko’s Molly is unique as opposed to other abilities of a similar kind in the game. It is not for instant damage, but more for area control. Anyone staying in the molly will instantly die rewarding you with the kill. However, it doesn’t deal damage to anyone staying in it until a certain period of time passes. What you get in return is the amount of space it covers, making it perfect for timed lineups and here you will find our best collected ones yet:
A Site - Default
What Does It Cover: This molly on A site will hit the default planting spot (so far, as sunset is still a new map and Default could change with time and meta changes) However, the catch is performing it from the wrap around from A Elbow.
When To Use It: Best used when you try to wrap around the enemies to get yourself an advantage and become unpredictable, so here you are with a lineup to help you delay the enemies further so you complete your lurk in peace!
What Makes It Special: This molly is fast and effective, especially with the new Gekko changes so you don’t have to shed a single doubt making this play.
To do it, come over to this corner and aim your crosshair just like shown in the picture. And then, jump and throw your molly. It will land in no time!
A Site - Push
What Does It Cover: This second Molly on A site, will directly cut the cross between A lobby to A main giving you time and space to push up.
When To Use It: Best used in aggressive scenarios where you as a defender need to acquire space or push up enemies on A lobby.
What Makes It Special: It is an extremely efficient and quick molly giving you leverage and various plays to make especially when combined with enemy utility.
To do it, simply come over to this corner and aim your crosshair over the window barriers just like so. And then, run and throw your molly.
B Site - Late Lurk Spike
What Does It Cover: This lurk lineup for the spike planted on this side will be perfect to set you up for success and could be the game changer to help you win rounds.
When To Use It: Best used in scenarios where you need to lurk or come late to site, as this will allow you delay enemies even further as long as the spike is planted on the spot the molly lands on.
What Makes It Special: This molly is insanely effective and it gets the job done, it is also very quick which lends you every advantage you need.
To do it, simply come over to this corner from Market and throw your molly just like so. Make sure to JUMP when doing so.
B Site - Main
What Does It Cover: Over on B main, this molly will clear anyone hiding behind the box on Main.
When To Use It: Best used when you are taking slow control of B main and you think there might be an enemy hiding there.
What Makes It Special: It is extremely quick and can often earn you a free kill.
Simply come over to this corner and aim your crosshair just like that, then jump and throw your molly for your team to clear the corner.
- Keep in mind that Gekko’s Molly works quite differently. It has a cooldown before it explodes killing anyone standing inside its radius, but it will not deal any damage until that timer has run out.
- Players can still dodge the molly by running out of it. This is because the molly’s damage comes fast but not in one instant making it possible for some to jump out of it at the right moment. That will still deal some damage though.
- Since your Molly takes time to activate, this could allow enemies to defuse the spike up to the half depending on the timing and usage of it. Keep that in mind going in any match and using your lineups.
- Always remember to ask for accompanying utility from your teammates as it can be a tremendous help for your own set of plays with Gekko. Especially in post-plant scenarios.
- Gekko’s Molly is the only piece of utility that you will be able to pick back up after using. So be precise and ensure that you only use it when you can capitalize on it.
- In case you use your Molly to clear an angle, do not look away from it just as you throw your ability. You will have to hold the corner for a bit more to ensure that nobody is there as if you catch enemies they will come out swinging and you want to be ready for that.
- Aside from teammate utility, you can always use Dizzy (Flash Ability) in pair with your Molly lineup. While enemies might stick to the defuse even if the molly hits them, they will definitely get off when fully flashed as they will be scared of you peeking or pushing toward them. In addition, it reveals their position which tells you if they are defusing or not.