Best Sova Ultimate Spots On Ascent
This one is to all of you Sova mains. This recon master is a game-changer when it comes to gathering intel for your team. But let's be real, hitting that perfect "Hunter's Fury" can often be the difference between bragging rights and a facepalm moment. The joy of eliminating enemies through walls is unmatchable.
But where do you fire that thing? Randomly, hoping to hit someone by pure luck? Nope, you're better than that. Knowing the best spots to unleash your ultimate can take you from a good Sova to a great one. So buckle up, because we're about to dive deep into the art of mastering Sova's ultimate ability, covering those juicy spots that'll make your opponents wonder if you've got eyes everywhere. Here is how you can master Sova on Ascent:
Sova Best Ultimate Spots
When we talk about utilizing your ultimate perfectly, we mean for all situations at any given time. In this guide, you will find the best spots for your ult whether you’re attacking, defending, retaking, or retaining a post-plant position. Using these spots and following our pro instructions, you will be a fearful Sova main:
What Does It Cover: This ultimate on A site is a classic for aggressive executes, you will be mainly targeting Short and Deep heaven, Generator and Heaven Peek, Dice and close left corner.
When To Use It: Best used in fast A site executes, especially when your duelists are struggling to enter as this will clear up so many angles and hopefully secure an easy kill for you.
What Makes It Special: This ultimate spot is special because it practically covers so many angles and corners at once, making it very probable for you to get a free kill.
What Does It Cover: This second ultimate on A site will be on the defensive side, except you are not too defensive as you will slash anyone and everyone playing on A main. Aiming to throw a reveal first, and then, blunder everyone.
When To Use It: Best used when you hear or have a teammate call multiple enemies running up A main, there you can throw a reveal or just instantly ult to stop their execute and earn free frags.
What Makes It Special: Using your ultimate in such a spot is very efficient, because even without reveals you are guaranteed to deal damage since the area is very narrow and there’s little room to dodge your ultimate.
What Does It Cover: This ultimate spot is very classical and known, for a good reason. When you hear enemies walking up to B market, you can take a few jump peeks and if you spot them, it’s time to roast them with your ultimate.
When To Use It: Best used during eco rounds for enemies, as they mostly will try something such as pushing mid or taking over Market control.
What Makes It Special: Once again, this is a narrow area, which gives you insane probability to end up with a free kill if not more.
What Does It Cover: This final spot on B, is like a granted wish that will give you free kills every time you execute this play. It is very simply, will hit anyone playing B main or B lobby.
When To Use It: If you hear steps B main, throw an arrow and as soon as it pings anyone, activate your ult and send them to the spectating scene.
What Makes It Special: This ultimate is special because it has little room for mistakes, you will always be able to deal damage and capitalise on it, especially if you have teammates pushing up Mid to flank.
- When using your ultimate, make sure that you start it in a safe position. Even if you seem far away from enemies, a Jett can dash right at you if you’re not in a seemingly safe spot. That’s why, you should always do it from further away or around teammates.
- Remember that Sova’s ultimate costs 8 Orbs, meaning you will not be able to use it as much except you are killing multiple enemies a round. And that is unrealistic when it comes to consistency, so make sure you grab those ultimate orbs anytime you see the chance to.
- Your ultimate is best used with a Drone or an Arrow, as this will help you capture a target much more easily and grant yourself a pick whenever you activate it.
- You could use your ultimate for different purposes, for example, you can use it as an Entry if your team struggles to find first picks. That is of course with the usage of reveals first. Or use it to help the duelist explode on site by isolating and clearing angles.
- You can always cancel your ultimate by pressing “X” or whatever you bound the ult key to, this works well for either faking an opponent or if you hear someone pushing you up close and decide to play it safe and stop the ult.
- Similarly to your ultimate, you can always exit your drone by pressing the same key bind you use to activate the ability. This is useful in case you get naded or ulted as you use it.
- As a Sova, alternating is key. Don’t use any piece of utility in one place consistently, as this will become predictable and allow enemies to react properly to it. This applies on your Ultimate, darts and shock darts. Variation will bring your gameplay to another level.
- When you use your ultimate, it gives you a temporary boost upwards, you can use that to get on spots you aren’t able to regularly as Sova, however, this is more about fun experimenting as you will not gain anything sacrificing your ultimate to get somewhere.
- Beware that your ultimate applies damage on teammates, however, if you have to do so in order to hit an enemy you should prioritize that as the team damage dealt is minimized to avoid issues like killing your own team consistently.
- One of the best Mechanics on Sova is to swerve with your ultimate to confuse enemies and ensure a kill on them.