Best Gekko Flash Lineups On Lotus
As any seasoned Valorant player will attest, the tactical depth and versatility offered by the game's various agents can dramatically shift the tide of any match. Among these agents, Gekko, with his unique Flash ability, has emerged as a favorite for many. His dynamic playstyle, combined with the right lineups, can effectively dominate the game's strategic landscape. But, the million-credit question is - what are the best Gekko Flash lineups on Lotus to maximize your success rate?
In this comprehensive guide, we delve into the most effective and game-changing Gekko Flash lineups that the professional scene has seen in 2023. From the utility-centric to those designed purely for executes, these lineups promise to give you the edge, whether you're grinding the ladder or duking it out in high-stakes tournaments.
We will dissect each lineup in terms of its positioning, utility, timing, and its compatibility with other agents' abilities. Additionally, we will provide you with pro tips on how to best utilize Gekko's Flash and the agent in varying in-game situations and map locations, so you can outmaneuver your opponents every step of the way.
Gekko Flash Lineups
Gekko’s Flash is unique as opposed to other abilities of a similar kind in the game. Other flash abilities are instant and they miss one key advantage of Gekko’s flash which is giving away information. These lineups will be spots where your flash will spot as many enemies as possible giving you maximum benefit for a specific play. Here are our best collected flash through spots:
What Does It Cover: This flash on A site is incredible for gaining information or anyone pushing up from A main or straight to Rubbles. It will not hit anyone playing deep A main or taking cover behind Rubble / Tree.
When To Use It: Best used whenever you are looking to earn free picks or information as a defender. This flash will be very fast in the perspective of enemies which ensures your chances of peeking and finding a blinded enemy right after.
What Makes It Special: As you throw this flash very high, this will make it harder to destroy and it will land right back to you which enables you to pick it up once again and potentially go for more later on the round.
What Does It Cover: More than a flash, with the technique of running and throwing your flash which will enable it to bounce back to you, in safer positions. This flash will blind anyone standing in front of B site. However, keep in mind they can easily dodge or break it if they see it coming.
When To Use It: Best used if you want to get information on enemies that are playing slow or to just instantly go for an ego peek on B and possibly get one or more free kills to gain an advantage in the round.
What Makes It Special: Peeking with this flash will be an amazing move as enemies will have to either get blinded, run away, or get distracted trying to break the flash.
What Does It Cover: You might not be able to see it, but this little window on B site is actually an open way to the other way which means you can simply flash the entirety of B site by throwing your blind through it.
When To Use It: It is most suited to be used in a retake scenario as this flash can be a detrimental factor to your firepower taking site.
What Makes It Special: From the enemy’s perspective, it will be incredibly hard to see the flash coming which makes it even harder to destroy or react to at all.
What Does It Cover: This flash on C site will bounce against the wall and flash any enemy peeking towards C site. Whether they have progressed far enough close to the hill or far just peeking, it will definitely reveal their position.
When To Use It: Best used if you are defending on C site but looking to get an aggressive pick. Most common position is to play from hill and this flash will elevate your gameplay and earn you free kills every time you peek with it.
What Makes It Special: The fact that the flash bounces against the wall back to safety, makes it incredibly useful and unique to any other flashes in the game.
- Keep in mind that Gekko’s Flash works quite differently. The main advantage of your flash is the ability to gain information; you can do that by looking where the flash lining went so you can determine enemy locations.
- Players can still dodge the flash by taking cover or running out of its radius. This makes it tricky but luckily, it is really hard to dodge a Gekko flash and if it is to be dodged you will at least hear the enemies repositioning.
- The Gekko flash makes a sound when it detects someone before shooting the flash, sometimes, enemies can run out of its radius but the flash would have still made a detection noise. Pay attention to that in order to know if the area is clear or not.
- Always remember to ask for accompanying utility from your teammates as it can be a tremendous help for your own set of plays with Gekko. Especially in post-plant scenarios.
- You can always reuse your flash by trying to pick it up again. This can be an important and game-changing habit so make sure you always pick your utility when it is safe to do so.
- Never use your flash if you do not plan to capitalize on it. Each flash lineup/spot given in this guide is provided with clear instructions and when/where it is best to be used, following that you will ensure your utility usage is always top-notch.
- Aside from teammate utility, you can always use your own abilities to assist your flash after clearing position. For instance, you can always pair the flash with a molly to punish an enemy hiding in a certain corner or to further clear it if the flash does not get there.