Best Phoenix Molly Lineups For Lotus
As any seasoned Valorant player will attest, the tactical depth and versatility offered by the game's various agents can dramatically shift the tide of any match. Among these agents, Phoenix, with his unique molly ability, has emerged as a favorite for many. His dynamic playstyle, combined with the right lineups, can effectively dominate the game's strategic landscape. But, the million-credit question is - what are the best Phoenix Molly lineups on Lotus to maximize your success rate?
In this comprehensive guide, we delve into the most effective and game-changing Phoenix Molly lineups that the professional scene has seen in 2023. From the utility-centric to those designed purely for executes, these lineups promise to give you the edge, whether you're grinding the ladder or duking it out in high-stakes tournaments.
We will dissect each lineup in terms of its positioning, utility, timing, and its compatibility with other agents' abilities. Additionally, we will provide you with pro tips on how to best utilize Phoenix’s utility kit and the agent in varying in-game situations and map locations, so you can outmaneuver your opponents every step of the way.
Phoenix Molly Lineups
Phoenix’s is not the highest dealing damage Molly in the game. However, what makes it unique is how fast and versatile that piece of utility is, allowing you to combine your kit a lot more fluidly to achieve more in-game. With the usage of Phoenix molly lineups that the pro scene has witnessed, you will be able to play Phoenix like a professional and show your opponents who’s boss. Here it comes, the list of best lineups you can use in your next match:
A Site - Default
What Does It Cover: This lineup on A site will directly land on the planting spot right next to the wooden boxes. While there are 2 sides to that, most likely enemies will plant on the left (safe / passive) area as that will save them from fighting stairs.
When To Use It: Best used in retake scenarios or in late lurking situations where you are in the enemy’s spawn as they are closer to the spike. In retakes, you can throw it to clear anyone standing there to catch you off guard.
What Makes It Special: This lineup is purely unexpected which gives you the upper edge to deal damage or even catch a kill off guard as it will be a surprising play to make.
To do it, come right by the blue metal boxes on A heaven and then aim your crosshair above it just as in the picture. Jump and throw your molly.
A Site - Push
What Does It Cover: This next lineup on A site is the most commonly used whenever you play on Lotus defense side. Mollying the walk up from A main to A rubble is very commonly used because it restricts the enemy’s movement and gives you space and map control.
When To Use It: Best used when you plan to take control of A rubble as a defender as this will assist your push drastically and help you deal tons of damage or force enemies to back off.
What Makes It Special: Typically you would prioritize using a raze grenade instead of a phoenix molly, however, this molly will allow you to walk up and cross it as you will not be receiving any damage.
To do it, simply come against the wall and aim your crosshair straight to the choke point. Then, run and send your molly flying.
A Site - Default 2
What Does It Cover: This molly can cover both the sides next to the wooden box, which are typically the default planting spots on A site.
When To Use It: It is best to use it in a post-plant scenario as this allows you to stall and block opponents from defusing the spike while playing in a passive position ensuring round win by time.
What Makes It Special: Post plant scenarios with a phoenix molly are very unusual, this will be sure to surprise any enemy and guarantee you the round win as a result.
To do it, come over by this corner in the cubby out of tree and aim your molly right next to this leaf. Then, jump and throw it. If you want to land it on the passive default planting spot, aim a little bit to the right and then jump and throw it.
B Site - Camp Spot
What Does It Cover: This molly will clear the corner under Upper / CT on B site.
When To Use It: Best used during retake scenarios.
What Makes It Special: It is an unexpected molly giving you the upper hand taking a fight with anyone hiding in that corner.
Simply come over to this spot from A link and throw your molly through this little window.
- Phoenix’s Molly is versatile, it travels quickly but drops down after a certain amount of time limiting its travel distance. Unlike other mollies, you will need to know where and how your molly stops in order to use it most efficiently.
- When playing Phoenix, you should always combine your mollies with other utilities that you have in your kit as flashing after can grant you easy free kills, this is how the agent is meant to be used.
- Don’t feel shy to ask your teammates for any piece of utility such as reveals, astra pulls, or deadlock’s lock as it helps you guarantee kills or at least, deal devastating damage that will help you through the round.
- You can always use your molly or wall to heal if you received any sort of damage through the round, it is not a must to use your utility in a certain place or spot as it is entirely up to you.
- Keep in mind that Phoenix’s molly deals damage slower than other similar abilities in the game which gives room to work with for opponents, as long as you understand the timing of your ability you will still be able to shine through and earn kills easily.
- The molly is your main ability, meaning that every time you get 2 kills you will be able to use it again allowing you to combine heals, lineups, and multiple different usages as long as you keep fragging.
- Your molly’s damage will not transfer through walls, if it is placed on top of A Heaven it will not hurt anyone on Under, unlike some other abilities in the game. So it’s important to keep that in mind.