Everything NEW In Fortnite Chapter 4 Season 2
Fortnite Chapter 4 Season 2 is officially here, and it is as exciting as you can imagine. This season is set in a futuristic Neo-Tokyo theme with blended neon lights and skyscrapers to give players one of the most dazzling seasons of Fortnite so far yet.
However, that is not all that is new in the new season of the game; there are also new Augments, new Weapons, vehicles, POIs and a Battle Pass, for sure. In this article, we will discuss some of the biggest changes and mechanical updates this season!
Keep reading to know what to keep an eye out for when you drop into a match, so let’s get into it!
For most players, the best part about the new season in Fortnite is the arrival of a brand-new Battle Pass. Chapter 4 Season 2 has introduced eight new skins you can unlock as you level up this season, including a reimagined version of Drift, a new cel-shaded hero, and plenty more Epic Games originals.
However, the big selling point would arguably be the secret skin which will unlock mid-way through the season, i.e., Attack of Titan protagonist Eren Jaeger.
As you all must know, Fortnite is a game of combat, and what is combat without weapons? The loot pool in Chapter 4 Season 2 is quite impressive, with new guns galore that feel like it was taken right out of the futuristic Mega City.
The star of the show, though, is definitely the Kinetic Blade, without a single doubt. This katana is a melee weapon that has the power to do way more than an average sword. It can easily slice through your enemies in an instant.
However, it also has a dash attack that players can use to immediately zoom toward their target, which makes their long-range weapon virtually useless.
The Havoc Suppressed Assault Rifle is an automatic, suppressed rifle and highly accurate weapon that can be used for efficient attacks. There is also the Havoc Pump Shotgun, in case you prefer something with a little more power.
After that, we have the Overclocked Pulse Rifle, which seems to be a Mythic-only weapon we will have to search for in order to use.
Since the new MEGA City POI has wide streets, players will want to have some cool vehicles that have the ability to navigate such streets easily. For that, Epic Games has given you a couple of options that fit right in with the setting.
First of all, we have the Victory Crown Rogue, or “Rogue Bike”, which focuses mainly on high acceleration and sharp turning. This makes it the perfect getaway vehicle! When it comes to cars, players can take the Nitro Drifter, a four-seat vehicle that, as the name suggests, can drift around corners.
There is no doubt in the fact that MEGA City is the centrepiece for Fortnite Chapter 4 Season 2. It is a massive city that is illuminated seemingly only by the neon lights that are attached to each building.
Nevertheless, the whole southeastern section of the map has now been turned into a new biome, which focuses on more traditional Japanese architecture. Outside of MEGA City are lush green fields with houses scattered all around.
Players can easily find shrines, temples, as well as zen gardens out in this area, so it is worth exploring the place!
Some players might argue that, slowly but gradually, Fortnite might be turning into a Sonic the Hedgehog game. The new movement mechanic added this season is known as rail grinding, and we do not mean it in the skateboard sense.
MEGA City has plenty of long Grind Rails running between all of the rooftops, and players can hop on them to grind across long distances. You can even shoot while you are grind railing on them, letting you take out enemies while on the move.
Last but not least, players can also use medical supplies such as bandages or energy drinks to restore their health while on the Grind Rails.
Epic Games introduced a couple of new Augments as well in Chapter 4 Season 2. While most of them will be familiar to you, there are a total of seven brand-new Augments to kick off the season. Check out the list below of all the new Augments:
- When leaving a hiding spot, you may discover loot in the vicinity with the Dumpster Diving perk. This can happen once per hiding location.
- Upon entering a point of interest (POI), Treasure Hunter will highlight any nearby chests. This only occurs the first time you enter the location.
- With the Slap Surplus perk, every chest you open contains a Slap Juice. If the chest already held one, it will have an additional Slap Juice instead.
- Sliding will yield medium ammo with the Munitions Slide perk.
- Increase the magazine size of any weapon using medium ammo with Medium Ammo Amp.
- Shotgun Recycle gives weapons using shotgun ammo a chance to not use up ammo.
- Eliminating enemies refreshes the cooldown for the Kinetic Blade's Dash Attack with Dignified Finish.
Currently, there are a total of 12 Fortnite NPCs that you can find scattered all over the Island in Chapter 4 Season 2. This collection is made up of familiar faces, such as Evie and a cyber version of Peely named P33ly.
There are also a few newcomers, such as Thunder and Mizuki, both of whom are featured in the current season’s Battle Pass. Here is a list of every NPC we have found so far in the game:
- CRZ-8 – In the Sumo circle north of Mega City
- Evie – In the southern part of Knotty Nets
- Garrison – On the small peninsula in the southwest corner of the map
- Longshot – In the tower along the west coast, west of The Citadel
- Mizuki – In the castle tower just northeast of Citadel, across the river
- Neuralynx – In a building east of MEGA City just south of the small lake
- P33ly – At the castle outpost between Frenzy Fields and Anvil Square
- Polar Patroller - In the frozen lake area west of Brutal Bastion
- Remedy – Located in the castle tower southwest of Slappy Shores
- Stray – Found in Mega City tower at the top left portion of the city
- Sunflower – Located in the same field at Frenzy Fields as the last season
- Thunder – Located on the island south of Steamy Springs
Exotic and Mythic weapons
There are a handful of friendly NPCs in the game that sell Exotic weapons, while the game’s hostile NPCs often drop Mythics. Exotics have special features, whereas Mythics, on the other hand, is hands-down the best version of a specific gun.
New Boss Battles
At least one new boss has been added to the Island in this new season. He goes by the name of Highcard, and he has got an amazing new Mythic weapon that is yours for the taking. That is only if you can take him as well as his henchmen down. He will also drop a vault key!